United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Rental Assistance Program
The United Way of Metropolitan Dallas has launched a rental assistance program for residents who live in the City of Dallas through the Dallas Rental Assistance Collaborative (DRAC). Each of the DRAC partners have links to their requirements and pre-screen applications. Click here to learn more about the DRAC partner organizations.
In order to qualify Dallas residents must meet the following criteria:
- Make less than 80% of the Dallas-area median household income ($48,300/individual)
- NOT have received CARES Act housing assistance from another collaborative, agency partner, city or county
- NOT be currently on a voucher program, living in HUD or living in a relative’s home
Additionally, applicants must provide documentation of the impact of COVID-19 to their circumstance, including but not limited to the following:
- Proof of job/income loss, temporary or permanent
- Reduction in work hours/income
- Increased healthcare and household expenses that attributed to insufficient funds for housing
Landlords will be contacted by staff at the email or phone number the client provided with next steps once the tenant is approved for this grant. Payment will be processed within 2-3 weeks.
Learn more about the program by visiting United Ways Website.