COVID-19 RESPONSE | RENTER RESOURCES
As we continue to deal with the impact of COVID-19 and its impact on jobs and our economy, it’s important that we work together as a community to help prevent people from being displaced from their homes. We have included answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as other resources to help navigate through these uncertain times.
As rental housing providers, we are committed to providing safe and reliable housing to our residents across North Texas, and the safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority.
To address this crisis, AAGD has taken the following actions:
- Encouraged rental property owners to waive late fees and establish payment plans with residents. We have forms available for our members to use, including a form to adopt temporary payment plans and/or waive late payment fees.
- Posted resources for renters and rental property owners – whether or not they are members of AAGD – here on our website
- Identified and made charitable contributions to organizations providing relief to residents impacted by COVID-19.
- Advocated at the federal level for emergency rental assistance for renters in need.
Texas State Rental Assistance Program
- Learn the details for the state program on our blog. Learn More Here
Local Rent Assistance
- Rental Assistance in City of Dallas
- Rental Assistance in Irving - Attend Our Webinar On the Program
- List of Emergency Financial Assistance Organizations
- Rental Assistance in Garland Webinar
Additional Renter Resource Available For Download