AAGD Leadership Lyceum
AAGD is excited to bring back the Leadership Lyceum Program to its members this fall of 2022! AAGD has a long history of identifying, developing, inspiring, and empowering new and emerging leaders. The Lyceum Program is an immersive and collaborative three-month program that will bring together eight professional candidates of varying backgrounds. Together, these eight candidates will learn the skills and confidence to grow as volunteer leaders within our industry.
Self-nominating applications open July 12, 2022 – August 5, 2022.
AAGD’s Ideal Leadership Lyceum Candidate
- Current member of AAGD
- Currently employed full-time as an apartment industry professional
- Designations (CAM, CAPS, etc.) not required, but highly encouraged
- No Limitations on Company Affiliations
- No Limitations on Candidate Job Title
- Leadership potential
- Desire to be involved in a volunteer leadership role.
Leadership Lyceum members are required to attend three full-day sessions. Selected dates in September, October, and November will be announced soon.
If accepted, Leadership Lyceum participants will receive the following benefits:
- Access to an intensive leadership development program over the course of 3-months.
- Lapel pin and trademarked designation badge for use in personal profiles and email signatures.
- Acknowledgement of graduation at a premier AAGD Event, on the AAGD website, and in AAGD’s monthly print publication, Rooflines.
Selection committee will meet at the end of August to review applications. Final candidates will be announced in the September AAGD Board Meeting. Selection committee will be asked to consider the following:
- Committee will select up to 8 candidates.
- Of these candidates:
- Up to two candidates, and at least one, will be a Product & Service Partner Member
- Six candidates will be Owner/Manager Members
- One position will be dedicated to a Nextgen Candidate
July 12: Applications Open
August 5: Applications Due
September 6: Selected Applicants Notified
September-November: Candidates will meet once a month in the fall. Dates and itenerary to be announced soon.
January: Graduation and Presentation to the AAGD Board of Directors at the January BOD Meeting. Date to be released soon.
How to Apply
- Resume (PDF or Word Doc)
- One Letter of Recommendation (Word Doc)
- Answer to three open-ended questions: (Word Doc)
- What is your personal statement?
- Describe the impacts you have had in your company and/or industry that have led you to be considered a candidate
- How will you utilize this experience in your future personal goals?