Leader’s Toolbelt: Mold & Mildew Identification & Remediation
Apartment Association of Greater Dallas5728 LBJ Frwy, Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240
Instructed by: Michael Olvera, HD Supply
Recommended for: Leasing, Management and Maintenance Professional
Class Description: This course is designed to explain & clarify the qualities, characteristics, most common sites & causes of mold growth, & when found, how to identify them. We will review the complete repair process for interior wall growth, & how to account for replacement of wallboard & structural materials including the selection & use of tools & consumables. This course will present an overview of trouble-shooting mold causes including several accepted mitigation solutions & the regular maintenance service of each.
In this class you will learn:
- Safety procedures, PPE and cleaning chemicals
- Mold/Mildew basics - what they are, what they need to start, what lets them grow
- How to identify the most common types of mold & mildews in a residential setting
- The most common sites of mold or mildew colonies, & what condition caused the growth
- The most common repairs – plumbing, laundry, kitchen, bathrooms
- The details of a typical wall space repair, replace, & rebuild
- About commercial cleaners & chemicals for remediation & maintenance
- How to identify the different levels of remediation
Registration Information and Policy: All employees of AAGD Member Companies can create a login to gain access to member benefits. To learn how to create a member login, click here.
You must be logged into your individual account to unlock Member or Apartment Academy rates and the invoice payment option. Non-members will receive the non-member rate and be required to submit immediate payment with a credit card.
Confirmation e-mails will be sent when registration is completed, but are not guaranteed to be sent due to incorrect emails, security filters, etc.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that any photos or videos taken of you at the event can be used by AAGD in future publications, flyers, promos, web/social media postings, videos and other media concerning the event, without compensation to you.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the AAGD Education Department at least 24 hours prior to class. Written confirmation from the Education Department will be sent via e-mail. Substitutions are allowed, but ALL NO SHOWS WILL BE BILLED WITHOUT EXCEPTION. By registering for this program, you agree that you have read and understood the cancellation policy.
$80.00 - Apartment Academy $89.00 - Member $109.00 - Non-Member
For questions or more information, e-mail email@example.com or call us at (972) 385-9091.