CARES ACT Funding Covers your Resident's Delinquent Rent- Landlords' are eligible to apply
DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas to Administer a Portion of the City of Dallas Rental Assistance Program Funded by CARES ACT.
Congress through the CARES Act appropriation disbursed funds to local municipalities to cover expenses associated with COVID-19. The Dallas City Council in June 2020 approved $10M of its CARES Act funds received from the federal government to provide Rental Assistance to families negatively impacted by COVID-19. There is approximately $4M available under this application process. The fully electronic application process is easy to use and only requires 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Landlords may receive up to $3,000 per eligible family.
The program can issue payment for up to two months of past-due unpaid rent directly to the landlord not to exceed $1,500 per month. DHA will select eligible applicants by lottery on a regular basis based on funding availability.
Landlords are now able to start the online application on behalf of their residents. Applicants must submit a completed application with supporting documentation. Program information and the online application will be available at DallasCaresActRent.org. Applicants may submit an application online from their computer, tablet, or another mobile device.
To view the DHA presentation Click Here
To qualify for the latest assistance, residents must:
- Live in the City of Dallas
- Be the primary leaseholder
- Have a household income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income
- Have been financially impacted by COVID-19, either through job loss or lost hours
- Be delinquent paying rent (between April 2020 and present) due to COVID-19, and are at risk of losing their current housing
- Have a landlord willing to accept terms and payment through this program
A person is NOT eligible for this program if he/she:
- Currently receives housing assistance from any government agency/organization
- Has already received federal CARES Act rental or mortgage assistance
- Makes above 80% of the Area Median Income
- Lives in a household where the residents are living in units owned by an immediate family member
- Is a City employee and/or is an immediate family member of a City employee
- Is a DHA employee and/or is an immediate family member of a DHA employee
- Lives outside the City of Dallas
For detailed information about the program, please see this video: https://bit.ly/dhantx-CARES-Act.
Additional information on the process and how to prepare to apply can be found on the site at DallasCaresActRent.org.