Property Winterization & Water Heater Repair Workshop Live Webinar
Instructed by: David Jolley, CAMT
Recommended for: All maintenance staff
NAAEI CECs: 4
Class Description During the winter months, the temperature can rise and fall without warning. These fluctuations in temperature can cause several issues on your property, especially with water heaters. Other problems can also arise from the temperature changes such as frozen piping, pools, laundry rooms, and even your landscaping! Join us and learn how to prepare for what the winter months have in store.
In this class you will learn:
- How the temperature can affect water heaters.
- Solving the most common water heater problems.
- Water heater element, thermostat, and T&P testing and replacement.
- Water heater replacement procedures and replacement codes.
- Evaluating and preparing your property for the winter months.
- Protecting your landscaping, shops, mechanical rooms, and vacancies.
- Tips on how to get the residents to help when cold weather arrives.
- Insulation tips and winterizing the total property.
- Water flooding and preventing mold and mildew due to pipe breaks.
- Emergency planning and when to implement your action plan.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the AAGD Education Department at least 24 hours prior to class. Written confirmation from the Education Department will be sent via e-mail. Substitutions are allowed, but ALL NO SHOWS WILL BE BILLED WITHOUT EXCEPTION. By registering for this program, you agree that you have read and understood the cancellation policy.
Registration Policy: To register for this class, click "Registration Options" at the top of this page. Log in using your e-mail address. If you have issues with your login, visit our homepage and click "Start with a new login" for instructions. You must be logged in to unlock Member and Apartment Academy rates. Non-members will receive the non-member rate and be required to submit immediate payment with a credit card.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that any photos or videos taken of you at the event can be used by AAGD in future publications, flyers, promos, web/social media postings, videos, and other media concerning the event, without compensation to you.