Get Up to Date on Evictions and Bankruptcies - Live Webinar
Instructed by: Jerry Carlton, Attorney, Palter Sims Martinez, PLLC
Recommended for: Regional Managers, Property Managers, Assistant Managers
Class Description: There have been several recent changes affecting the way you handle your delinquency. Do not make a wrong step when dealing with evictions or bankruptcies. Get the facts. Join Attorney, Jerry Carlton, and Kimberly Sims to learn the proper procedures and best practices when dealing with evictions and bankruptcies.
In this class you will learn:
- Current information on (a) CDC Declarations, (b) CARES Act properties, and (c) City of Dallas Notice of Possible Eviction ordinance.
- Current information on court requirements to process evictions under these laws
- How you need to deal with the requirements of these laws to get your eviction.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to win your evictions.
- Insider tips about procedures, forms, notices, and in the court.
- The dangers of violating the bankruptcy automatic stay.
- Delay tactics that debtors and their lawyers use.
- How to avoid the often proposed 3 to 5 years payback period in a Chapter 13 plan.
- Why residents get a break, but not a free ride if they want to stay.
About the Instructor: Jerry L Carlton, Palter Sims Martinez, PLLC, an experienced attorney, helps property owners and managers with all their legal needs dealing with residents, vendors, and employees throughout Texas. He helps with solutions for evictions, tenant disputes, tenant bankruptcies, fair housing claims, vendor contracts, vendor disputes, employee issues, and overall daily property management legal issues. He teaches and writes for TAA, AAGD, and their members on these topics, and has done so for many years. He has a long list of articles written for Rooflines and classes he has taught for AAGD. Jerry graduated from the University of Texas - Austin, and the University of Houston Law Center.
Registration Information and Policy: All employees of AAGD Member Companies can create a login to gain access to member benefits. To learn how to create a member login, click here.
You must be logged into your individual account to unlock Member or Apartment Academy rates and the invoice payment option. Non-members will receive the non-member rate and be required to submit immediate payment with a credit card.
Confirmation e-mails will be sent when registration is completed, but are not guaranteed to be sent due to incorrect emails, security filters, etc.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that any photos or videos taken of you at the event can be used by AAGD in future publications, flyers, promos, web/social media postings, videos and other media concerning the event, without compensation to you.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the AAGD Education Department at least 24 hours prior to class. Written confirmation from the Education Department will be sent via e-mail. Substitutions are allowed, but ALL NO SHOWS WILL BE BILLED WITHOUT EXCEPTION. By registering for this program, you agree that you have read and understood the cancellation policy.