Action Needed - Contact Congress Today to Protect Apartment Communities
It’s clear the COVID-19 outbreak is an enormous challenge to our communities and our nation. And while Congress has enacted far-reaching measures in response to the crisis, more needs to be done.
Congress needs to pass additional relief measures to assist the rental housing industry and our residents. Congress must also address several provisions in the recently passed CARES Act that are harmful to the rental housing industry.
The Apartment Association Of Greater Dallas urges you to contact your member of Congress today and request action on the following items:
- Create an emergency rental assistance program for those who are impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and struggle to cover housing expenses.
- Better tailor the CARES Act eviction moratorium provision and safeguard owners’ ability to effectively manage their communities.
- Allow more housing providers access to mortgage forbearance and ensure fairness and flexibility in its terms.
- Provide financial assistance for property-level financial obligations such as property taxes or insurance payments and extend credit to multifamily mortgage servicers.
- Expand the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program to include all multifamily businesses.
Texas is home to tens of thousands of rental housing owners, operators, and property management firms. TAA encourages our members to lend their support to the efforts of the National Apartment Association and other groups representing our industry at the federal level of government.
Make your voice heard, and advocate for the relief that is desperately needed. Click here to learn more.
Visit this link to log in and send your message to Congress: https://www.naahq.org/advocacy/action-center/advocacy-365